- Category: Wallace Award
The 2013 Wallace Award
Pit Bulletin Legal News is pleased to announce the nominees for the 2013 Wallace Award
Congratulations to Lori Weise, the winner of the 2013 Wallace Award, and to all the nominees! Pit Bulletin Legal News would like to thank the nominees for their efforts and to thank our readers and listeners who took the time to write us about the people and dogs who've touched their lives.
The winner of the 2013 Wallace Award was announced on the October 8th episode of Pit Bulletin Legal News Radio.
- Everest, K9 reading coach
- Marley Jane, breed ambassador
- Ney Ney, rescue & breed ambassador
- Ruby the Pit Bull
- Nova, breed ambassador
- Renzo, breed ambassador
- Sapphire & Cobalt, aka, the Canine Crusaders
- Miss M and Mr. B. The adventures of Miss M. and Mr. B in Chicago, IL, are catalogued in the Two Pitties in the City blog. Their owners, Amy and Edward, founded SociaBulls in 2008. SociaBulls brings Chicago Pit Bulls and their owners together for structured walks that provide exercise and socialization for dogs and their owners and positive examples of Pit Bulls for the public at large.
- Chelsea, breed ambassador
- Gremlin, retired therapy dog
- Elle, therapy dog
- Georgia, breed ambassador
- Gunny, spokesdog for North Mecklenburg Animal Rescue in North Carolina
- The Vicktory Dogs
- Kenny Barker, American Bully advocate
- Brian Battista, a photographer based in Birmingham, Alabama, is passionate about animal welfare. He photographs animals for rescues in order to help find them forever homes and donates his time to photograph events for rescue and animal welfare groups. Mr. Battista started a photography project entitled "Tattoos & Rescues" to draw attention to the negative stereotypes surrounding both people with tattoos and certain breeds of dogs. His "Tattoos & Rescues" project includes the popular "Save Them" portrait of a Pit Bull puppy.
- Carol Louise Bell (owner of Sapphire & Cobalt), anti-BSL crusader
- Leah Brewer (owner of Elle), Pit Bull advocate
- Amy Murphy Cranmer (owner of Gunny), author
- Heather Ethridge, Pit Bull advocate
- Evan (owner of Georgia), Pit Bull advocate
- Jason Flatt, Friends to the Forlorn Pitbull Rescue
- Ken Foster, I'm a Good Dog
- Deirdre "Little Darling" Franklin, Pinups for PIt Bulls
- Devyn Glidden, rescuer
- Chris Hughes (owner of Gremlin), Rowdy to the Rescue
- Michelle Klatt, A Rotta Love Plus
- Brittany Markarian, rescuer
- David Nelson, rescuer and administrator of the GoPitbull.com forum.
- Karen Pearce, trainer
- Cheryl Ramsfield-Gibson, Pitbull Ambassador of Northwest Arkansas
- Richard Rosenthal, The Lexus Project
- Aimee Sadler, trainer, Dogs Playing for Life
- Missy Samel, Pit Bull advocate
- Michelle Serocki, Brew City Bully Club
- Gordon "Shotgun" Shell, The Dog Fighter
- Nicky Stuart, Pit Bull advocate
- Jeff Theman made the documentary film Guilty’Til Proven Innocent. The film chronicles breed-discriminatory legislation in Ohio since its inception to its repeal in 2012.
- Brent Toellner, KC Dog Blog
- Doug Wedel (owner of Chelsea), Line Dancing for Dogs
- Lori Weise, founder of Downtown Dog Rescue and winner of the 2013 Wallace Award.
- Kim Wolf, Beyond Breed
- BAD RAP
[Where both a dog and his or her owner have been nominated, the relationship has been noted after the owner's name.]
About the Wallace Award
Pit Bulletin Legal News presents the Wallace Award to the individual who brings the most positive attention to Pit-Bull type dogs and generates an atmosphere of change throughout the year. The award is named in honor of the 2012 award winner, Wallace. PBLN presents the Wallace Award in October in celebration of National Pit Bull Awareness Month.