Have a scoop or story suggestion that PBLNN should cover? You’re in the right place
PBLNN offers several ways to securely send information and documents to our journalists. Remember to review the details and disclaimers for each program and select the best method for your needs. The strongest news tips include suggestions on how to obtain documentation or evidence that would substantiate the story.
We review messages regularly, but cannot promise an individual response. To contact us for story pitches, general requests, customer service, subscription help, feedback or press releases, visit our contact page.
Send an email directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Physical mail is a secure form of communication. If you wish to stay anonymous, leave out identifying information and use a public mailbox, not a post office.
8583 Avenue of the Americas
Queens, New York, NY 10104
Follow these recommendations for staying anonymous before sending:
- Don’t contact us from your home or work computer or internet connection. Use a public wi-fi network in an area where your screen is not visible to security cameras.
- Use separate accounts from the ones you usually use for email, Google, social media, etc. for contact and browsing activity related to your tip. Consider downloading Tor browser and using a secure operating system like Tails.
- Avoid personal communication with us via email, phone or social media. Someone investigating a leak may be able to discover you by tracing your habits.
- Delete everything. Erase documents, web history, messages, proof of contact, do not keep trails of communication or activity anywhere that is normally accessible.
- Don’t tell anyone that you’re a source.